Friday, March 4, 2011

News Beyond what We watch on TV

While I am watching the primetime TV news I realized that reports are not that complete if we would not go deeper. That is why I surf the net and browse some stories Published by the investigative news organization- PCIJ or the Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism.  I was amaze that some of the stories that seems to be not so interesting made me think that even a small stories affect the life ordinary Filipino.

I watched the investigative report done by Ed Lingao on statistical fraud of ARMM population growth. In a glance who would think that population really matters in the most depress and poorest area in the Philippines. But on the deeper understanding it all boils down on the internal revenue allotment annually rendered by the national government. The IRA share is based on the land area and population of the local units.

The enumerators are also the teachers who cast the ballots and made the existing local officials won in the polls.

This exasperating especially ARMM is not developing to standard quality of life that the local officials’ foremost responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment